Annual vs perennial flowers - Blossom wedding flowers - Flowers and petals.
Annual Vs Perennial Flowers
- A perennial plant or simply perennial (Latin per, "through", annus, "year") is a plant that lives for more than two years. The term is often used to differentiate a plant from shorter lived annuals and biennials.
- (botany) a plant that completes its entire life cycle within the space of a year
- Occurring once every year
- Calculated over or covering a period of a year
- completing its life cycle within a year; "a border of annual flowering plants"
- a reference book that is published regularly once every year
- (of a plant) Living for a year or less, perpetuating itself by seed
the first Flowers of 2010 in my Garden
Crocus (plural: crocuses, croci) is a genus of perennial flowering plants, native to a large area from coastal and subalpine areas of central and southern Europe (including the islands of the Aegean), North Africa and the Middle East, across Central Asia to western China.
The genus Crocus is placed botanically in the iris family (Iridaceae). The plants grow from corms and are mainly hardy perennials, and are found in a wide range of habitats, including woodland, scrub and meadows.
There are about eighty species of crocus (of which approximately 30 are cultivated). Their cup-shaped, solitary, salverform flowers taper off into a narrow tube. Their color varies enormously, although lilac, mauve, yellow and white are predominant. The grass-like, ensiform leaf shows generally a white central stripe along the leaf axis. The leaf margin is entire. Crocuses typically have three stamens. The spice saffron is obtained from the stigmas of Crocus sativus, an autumn/fall-blooming species.
The name of the genus is derived from the Greek krokos (??????). This in turn is probably a loan word from a Semitic language, related to Hebrew karkom, Aramaic kurkama, Persian and Arabic kurkum, which mean saffron or saffron yellow
Behold the Fuschia
The story of the Fuschia:
Back before I had developed a love for gardening, I was um, relatively clueless about the types of flowers (even annual vs perennial).
One day, being a new driver with access to a vehicle, my mother asked me to go to the store and buy hanging baskets for her and our neighbor, Mary, because the impatients were on sale. She asked me to pick out two pink or red for Mary, and a fuschia for her.
I came back with two pink impatients for Mary and two fuschia ones for my mom.
Apparently, a fuschia, and a fuschia COLORED impatient are not the same.
flower gifts online
dahlia flowers new york
november flower of the month
make a flower press
send flowers edmonton
colorful flower bouquets
western wedding flowers
african floral shower curtain
flower girl rose petals
Author:annual vs perennial flowers
Welcome to FC2!
- ANNUAL VS PERENNIAL FLOWERS - ANNUAL VS (10/18)
- BIRDS OF PARADISE BRIDAL BOUQUET. BIRDS OF PARADISE (10/18)
- BLUE ANEMONE BOUQUET : ANEMONE BOUQUET (10/18)
- E CARDS FLOWERS - E CARDS (10/18)
- FLORAL STENCILS : FLORAL (10/18)
- FLOWER BED EDGEING - FLOWER BED (10/18)
- FLOWERS FOR GRAVE SITES - FLOWERS FOR (10/18)
- FRUIT FLOWERS FLORIDA : FLOWERS FLORIDA (10/18)
- HAMPTON COURT PALACE FLOWER SHOW : PALACE FLOWER SHOW (10/18)
- LARGE PHOTOS OF FLOWERS - OF FLOWERS (10/18)
- ONLINE FLOWER SHOPS IN USA : ONLINE FLOWER SHOPS (10/18)
- PEACOCK FEATHER WEDDING BOUQUETS. WEDDING BOUQUETS (10/18)
- PLANT A SEED PLANT A FLOWER. PLANT A FLOWER (10/18)
- RED FLOWER GIRLS DRESSES. GIRLS DRESSES (10/18)
- RETRO FLOWER DESIGNS. FLOWER DESIGNS (10/18)
- WEDDING BOUQUETS PRESERVATION - WEDDING BOUQUETS (10/18)
- WEDDING HAIR FLOWER CLIPS : FLOWER CLIPS (10/18)
- WHITE WEDDING CAKES WITH FLOWERS : CAKES WITH FLOWERS (10/18)
- WHOLESALE CARNATIONS FLOWERS. WHOLESALE CARNATIONS (10/18)